My ultimate goal is for people to be able to take charge of their own health and fitness, and efficiently so – to lose fat, get lean, and get healthy and fit with the bare effective minimum effort. That’s it. So you stop wasting time and get back to worrying about what’s important: living your life.
This is best done, I believe at least, via a very specific and deliberate process. The main purpose of this blog and my book is to expound said process. Here’s a very general summary of it:
- Learn what *actually matters* for losing fat, and any other related health/fitness goals you may have.
- Decide how to systematically apply #1 to your life, and explicitly so as to completely remove decision fatigue.
- Set it, do it, forget it, then see what happens, assessing the results at regular intervals.
- Apply running adjustments accordingly at said intervals, if needed, being sure to maintain explicitness.
If you fundamentally understand this, you fundamentally understand that, one, you’ll inevitably make progress, and two, that you’ll inevitably figure out how to maintain that progress and your results with as little effort as possible. You see, what I’ve come to realize is that successful (read: efficient) health fitness isn’t about a seemingly elusive “perfect” diet or training plan or anything else, it’s about being deliberately methodical – that’s what this process ultimately entails.
Now, If I’m being honest, most people don’t actually need coaching to successfully do this. Most people just need to do their due diligence and learn what needs to be done, and why – beyond simply “because so and so coach/book/guru told me to.” And so, well… I’ve poured my heart and soul into this site and my book – everything I’ve learned and figured out in nearly two decades of being all over the health and fitness spectrum. If you read either, perhaps in earnest, you’ll arm yourself with the specific methodology you need to achieve efficient health and fitness (but of course that’s not to imply that this site is the *only* way or worthwhile resource out there).
That being said…
Time and energy are the two most valuable assets. And sometimes, thus, it does makes sense to get guidance rather than go through the trial and error of figuring all this stuff out yourself. As such, I do take on a limited number of 1-on-1 coaching clients, on a situational basis.
If you’re interested in what people have been able to achieve with my methodology, check out my results and testimonials page.
Please do understand that my outlook is somewhat different, and thus my coaching/consulting will be somewhat different as well. I don’t want to just give you a “perfect” cookie cutter program, I want you to be able to create it yourself, and I want you to be able to keep doing that, for the long run. It is very important to understand that efficient health and fitness is situational and dynamic: What works best for you today might not be what works best next year.
The ultimate goal, said again, is to help you learn how to take charge of your own health and fitness, and efficiently so, by fundamentally understanding how to be deliberately methodical and why doing that is the logical way to be efficient. The actual coaching specifics for person X might look completely different from that of person Y, but the overall goal of implementing the process is all the same.
I can work with people who:
- Are legal and healthy adults (18+) with no prohibitive medical or physical conditions or injuries.
- Don’t have any history with eating or exercise related disorders – I’m not qualified to advise on this situation.
- Are reasonably familiar with my work and philosophy, and agree with it.
- Are willing to put in at least the bare effective minimum effort, such as we determine together what that specifically will be for you.
- Are willing to be proactive – I can’t coach someone if they don’t log and report their results to me, and I require clients to do such by emailing me once a week at a minimum.
- Are willing to work with me, together – my coaching is collaborative, not authoritarian.
- Are looking for straight up guidance, not cajoling, or nagging.
- Are proficient English speakers – we’ve got to be able to effectively communicate, obviously.
If you’re interested:
- Fill out the questionnaire form (see below), discussing your goals, any failures, frustrations, etc.
- I will contact you via email reply to your inquiry, and likely ask you additional questions – I like some email back and forth, basically to get to know you.
- We will determine together if me working with you is the right fit.
- If not, I’ll still try to give you my best recommendation going forward.
- If so, you sign a waiver/disclaimer form, pay a fee, then we get going.
- We do an initial consult, usually via skype/phone, which is also a way for me to continue to get to know you.
- We’ll work together to create a system/routine that’s feasible, and conducive to your goals.
- You’ll fill out progression data and email me at least once a week to report your results and discuss how it’s all going.
- Based on that, we’ll again collaborate to apply necessary running adjustments, if any are needed – this is the keystone of the coaching process and value.
- Clients get access to a private clients-only email address for priority support – unlimited access, responses within 24 hours (during CST business hours), barring exceptional circumstances.
- The main goal is for you, after achieving initial results and momentum, to become self sufficient and not need me anymore – three months is the default time frame, but we could work together for longer if it makes sense.
A reminder, per the disclaimer, because it seems appropriate to reiterate it here: I do not have any formal health or fitness licenses or certifications. I cannot give medical or dietetic advice.
If you’re interested, please fill out and submit the form below. Please allow 48 hours for a response.
(all fields are required, please fill everything out carefully or you’ll get an error message upon submission)
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this somewhat long form – do understand I want to get the best picture possible of what your situation is. Even if I determine we can’t work together, I will still give you a response, answer any questions you have, and give you my best personal recommendation going forward.
I understand there is risk in committing to, and paying for, online coaching. That said, my policy is to assume that risk and remove it for you:
Six weeks is usually long enough to reasonably expect to see results – if you fully follow my advice for 45 days, but don’t get the results that we’ve both agreed you should get, I will fully refund your fee, no questions asked. My assumption in good faith is that the people I choose to work with won’t take unfair advantage of this.
That’s it – no weird sales tactics to close this page out. Inquire if you’re interested. Otherwise? Feel free to clink the link below and hang out for a bit.